Collaborative Story Development
COVERED CARE Story Development Mentorship
Whether you’re looking to develop a fresh idea or rewrite a current draft, this comprehensive story development program for novelists and screenwriters can help you reach your goals. Receive guided support through the story break, writing, and revision processes as you take the writer's journey from rough story concept to polished draft. Work closely with an experienced story development coach to structure your story, create engaging plots and dimensional characters, build immersive worlds, write realistic dialogue, and develop your personal voice and writing style. If you already have a draft completed, story analysis and development notes are included with the first month!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Free Initial Consultation: We’ll meet by phone or email to discuss your goals, make sure that we are a good fit, and come up with a plan to tackle your project.
- In-Depth Feedback: I’ll review your current materials and we'll meet by phone for a deep dive into your work’s strengths, weaknesses, and areas that still need development. From there, we'll come up with a plan for the evolution.
- On-Demand Expertise: Email support and up-to-weekly phone meetings provide accountability checks and rapid feedback to keep you on track as we work through the story development and writing process.
- Work at Your Own Pace: Our collaboration can be as structured or freeform as you like. We'll work together to design a workflow that keeps you moving forward and loving every minute of it.
- Custom Learning Materials: Get resource recommendations and practice exercises designed specifically for your needs and learning style.
PLEASE NOTE: Membership in the program is billed on a monthly cycle and can be canceled at any time. Spots in the program are limited to ensure that each writer gets the attention they deserve. If no spots are available when you apply, you will be contacted about a place on the waiting list.
1 spot(s) currently available.
Already have a solid draft ready? Find out if your story is ready for publishing with this thorough written report that offers an honest reader impression and critique of the overall structure, premise, plot, characters, dialogue, and writing style, with constructive suggestions for how to address any big picture story issues. Typical turnaround is three to four weeks. Add a one-hour follow-up phone consultation to discuss the notes in depth.